Author: Sakaldeep Yadav
Data backup is often overlooked for small and medium size business due to not having proper backup solution and required hardware resource. With businesses increasingly relying on home computers and operating online, it is now more important than ever to have a secure digital backup system in place. This is particularly dangerous for small businesses, because data loss can cause huge problems and in some cases, will result in a loss of revenue.
Data backup is critical for any systems and applications but it is tedious job. Main challenges System Admin founds is to maintain storage, for many it becomes an extra management headache. But no one would like to lose data due to any below unexpected circumstances.
- System crashes– always happen when you least need it, and can lead to data loss.
- Malware Infection– aggressive malicious viruses can corrupt files and disable computers.
- Storage failure– hard drives have a finite lifetime and can fail suddenly and without warning. The sudden death of a hard drive can cause the painful loss of months or years of irreplaceable files and the timing can be catastrophic – if this happens close to a work or college deadline it could be a nightmare scenario.
- Physical computer damage– your files are more at risk if you use a laptop. Light and portable comes at the price of reduced durability. Laptops are sensitive and are easily damaged if dropped or have drinks spilled over them.
- Theft– computers are sought after by thieves and cannot always be kept secure whilst travelling.
Cloud tries to simplify this by making as a Service. Microsoft Azure comes with simplified solution named ‘Azure Backup’.Azure Backup is a simple and cost-effective backup-as-a-service solution that extends tried-and-trusted tools on-premises with rich and powerful tools in the cloud. It delivers protection for customers’ data no matter where it resides: in the enterprise data center, in remote and branch offices, or in the public cloud; while being sensitive to the unique requirements these scenarios pose. Azure Backup, now in a seamless portal experience with Azure Site Recovery, offers minimal maintenance and cost-efficiency, consistent tools for offsite backups and operational recovery, and unified application availability and data protection.
Now its time to rethink and analyse that cloud going to simplify backup solution exactly we expect in terms of data security, compliance and data retention.