There has been a great debate between Computer Science Information and Technology (CSIT) and Bachelors of Engineering in Information Technology (BEIT) since a long time ago. The conflict and confusion between these two courses take place in both academic and professional life.
Recently, the National Examinations Board (NEB) has published the result of grade 12, and now there are thousands of students planning to pursue their academic career in IT education. For a student who wants to pursue their career in IT training, it is always hard for them to choose between CSIT and BEIT. Targeting those students, we have prepared a post that might clear a long-running confusion between CSIT and BEIT. Hope this article will be worth reading to you.
Bachelors of Engineering in Information and Technology (BEIT)
“If someone likes to set their career in software development, communication technology, and IT industry then BEIT is the finest option for them,” said Niranjan Khakurel, Principal at Nepal College of Information Technology (NCIT). Comparatively, BEIT has the broad scope, added Khakurel.
BEIT is a unique blend of Information and Communication Technology. It prepares the student to function effectively in this dynamic technological era. The program focuses on applying cutting-edge technologies for the socio-economic development of the nation. It is perfectly designed to meet the needs of an ever-growing information and communication technology industry here or abroad. The degree produces highly qualified ICT professionals in hardware, software, networking, and communication technology for the digital future.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Analyze Design and Develop software or computer systems and secure design networks and monitor them to handle data and information worldwide.
- Enable the automation of organizational tasks through computers and telecommunications equipment to improve efficiency.
- Gain specialization in configuration, integration, development, and testing of systems and networks to meet industrial needs.
- Resolve system related issues and troubleshoot communication and networking problems to ensure smooth operation.
- Acquire skills and expertise in intelligent information retrieval systems to benefit decision-making bodies in an organization.
Colleges that offer the program of BEIT
The course of BEIT is available only at Pokhara University (PU) affiliated colleges. Here are the names of the colleges that provide the program for BEIT.
- Nepal College of Information Technology (NCIT)
- Everest Engineering College (EEC)
- Cosmos College of Management and Technology
In every eight years, PU updates the curriculum of BEIT. Likewise, the course of elective subjects are updated as per the need and demands of the market, informed Khakurel.
Another exciting thing about BEIT is graduate of this course can have the title of Er in front of their names.
Computer Science Information and Technology (CSIT)
CSIT is another subject which has an extreme level of hype at the present scene of Nepal. In Computer Science Information Technology (CSIT) you have to learn about the actual science behind the computers, computing programming, and analysis of computing. An IT career involves installing, organizing and maintaining computer systems as well as designing and operating networks and databases.
Perks of pursuing the course of CSIT
- CSIT course is an updated course, and the curriculum is frequently updated.
- It is more focused on Job-oriented skills in a course
- It has more freedom for selecting the elective subject during 6 and six additional semesters.
- You can choose any career of your own like programming, networking, database, etc.
Colleges that offer the course of CSIT
There are many numbers of colleges that provide the program of CSIT. The list of the colleges are as mentioned below:
|Aberdeen International College||Academia International College|
|Aims College||Ambikeshwori Campus|
|Ambition Academy||Amrit Science Campus|
|Asian College of Higher Studies College of IT and Computer Science||Asian School of Management|
|Banke Bageshwori College||Birat Kshitiz College|
|Birat Multiple College||Birendra Memorial College|
|Birendra Multiple Campus||Butwal Multiple Campus|
|College of Applied Business||Deerwalk Institute of Technology|
|Hari Khetan Multiple Campus||Henry Ford International College|
|Hetauda City College||Himalaya College of Engineering|
|Himalaya Darshan College||Indreni College|
|Kathmandu Bernhardt College||Kathford International College|
|Lumbini ICT College||Madan Bhandari Memorial College|
|Mission College||Model Multiple College|
|Mount Annapurna Campus||Nagarjuna College of Information Technology|
|National College of Computer Studies||National Infotech College|
|Nepalgunj College||New Summit College|
|Nihareeka College||NIST College|
|Orchid International College||Patan Multiple Campus|
|Prime College||RamSwaroop RamSagar Multiple Campus|
|Sagarmatha College of Science and Technology||Samajik College|
|Samriddhi College||Shaheed Smriti Multiple Campus|
|Shree Yantra College||Siddhanath Multiple Campus|
|Soch college of IT||St. Lawrence College|
|St. Xavier’s College||Supernova College|
|Sushma Godawari College||Swastik College|
|Texas International College||Tinau Technical College|
|Trinity International College|