A series of First Sunday a monthly ICT Tech Talk organized by the CAN Federation and facilitated by the Research and Development Committee in Association with Subisu Cablenet (P.) Ltd.
This November the ICT Tech Talk on 1st of November, 2015 (Sunday) is on â€œMobile services in Nepal; Measuring Qualityâ €. The guest speakers for the ICT Tech Talk are:
- Er. Ananda Raj Khanal, currently Director at Nepal Telecommunications Authority (NTA), an independent and autonomous telecom regulator of Nepal. Before joining NTA in April 2006, he was with the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering at Kathmandu University in Nepal in the capacity of Assistant Professor and Department In-Charge. He continues to be a visiting faculty at different universities in Nepal and teaches subjects related to Telecommunications and ICTs. He holds a Bachelor of Engineering degree in Electronics and Communications, Master of Engineering degree in Optical Communication. He is a gold medallist in Bachelors of Law (LLB).
- Er. Kamini Rajbhandari currently is the Deputy Managing Director of the Operations and Maintenance Department at Nepal Telecom. She had completed her Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management of technologyÂ from Asian Institute of Technology and Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in Electrical, Electronics and Communications Engineering from Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh, India.
- Mr. Andras Pali is working with Ncell since 2013 as ICT Director. He has more than twenty years of experience in the Telecommunications sector. Before joining Ncell, he held different positions in Telecom companies in Slovenia, Hungary, Japan. Andras has participated in numerous network roll-outs, performed system upgrades, defined strategies and managed complex networks including telecommunication and IT equipment, team, projects, and budgets. He is a proactive and quality focused leader with a particular interest in strategy and technology. Andras has Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering from the Ã“Buda University, Budapest, Hungary.
- Mr. Pavan Shakya, currently Head of Department, Corporate Communication at Smart Telecom Pvt. Ltd. Before joining SmartTel, he was with the WorldLink Communications Pvt. Ltd. He served as the President to the Internet Service Provider Association of Nepal (ISPAN).
We will also have the following two guests, who will also share their experiences in the thematic issue discussed during the Tech Talk:
- Special Guest speaker, CAN Federation Past President, Er. Lochan Lal Amatya as a who studied Computer Engineering at Lvov Order of Lenin Polytechnic Institute and had long time contribution in the Mobile ecosystem in Nepal. Er. Amatya is also the President at Society of Electronics and Communication Engineers Nepal, member of the Nepal Research Education Network (NREN) and was the then president of IT Professional Forum (2007-2011).
- Hamro Phalano, Someone, who might be aÂ happy or a difficult customer in the Mobile space of Nepal.
Highlights of the Tech Talk:
- Discussion on baseline picture of the quality of services (QoS) in mobile services in Nepal. (draft a mobile service QoS framework)
- Sharing on the evolution and critical pathways paved in asserting the Quality of mobile services in Nepal (experiences, learnings, challenges, facts, data, information, better practices)
- Understanding the way forward for and exploring methods to enhance the QoS of mobile services in Nepal.