19 Janaury 2021, Kathmandu
Samsung Galaxy S21
On 14th January 2021, Samsung unveiled its latest and greatest flagship smartphone as a successor to the Galaxy S20 series. After countless teasers, leaks, and rumors, the Samsung Galaxy S21 series is now finally and officially launched. Without further ado, let’s take a look at what the new flagship device has to offer.
Specs of Galaxy S21
Let’s take a closer look at the specs of the Samsung Galaxy S21:
- Display: 6.2 inches Dynamic AMOLED 2X, Gorilla Glass Victus front and back
- Resolution: 1080 * 2400 pixels, 20:9 aspect ratio FHD+
- Dimension: 5.97 * 2.80 * 0.31 inches (151.7 * 71.2 * 7.9 mm)
- Weight: 169 g
- Chipset: Exynos 2100 (5nm) / Snapdragon 888
- RAM: 8 GB LPDDR5
- GPU (Exynos 2100): Mali-G78 MP14
- CPU (Exynos 2100): Octa-core (4 * 2.9 GHz Cortex-X1 & 3 * 2.80 GHz Cortex – A78 & 4 * 2.2 GHz Cortex – A55)
- Memory: 128 GB / 256 GB (non-expandable)
- OS: Android 11, One UI 3.1
- Rear Camera: Triple camera:
- 12 MP primary camera, f/1.8, OIS, Dual Pixel AF
- 12 MP ultra-wide sensor, f/2.2
- 64 MP telephoto lens, f/2.0, OIS, Tracking AF, 3X hybrid optical zoom
- LED flash
- Front Camera: 10 MP, f/2.2, Dual Pixel PDAF
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4000mAH with 25 W Fast Charging, USB power delivery 3.0, Fast Qi/PMA wireless charging 15 W, Reverse wireless charging 4.5 W
- Colors: Phantom Gray, Phantom White, Phantom Violet, Phantom Pink
- USB: Type C port, 3.2
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, ultrasonic), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Loud Speaker: Stereo speaker
The spec sheet of the Galaxy S21 looks awesome; loaded with a 6.2 inch, 120Hz AMOLED display, the phone is loaded with the latest of what Samsung has to offer. Samsung has released two variants of the phone when it comes to the chipset according to regions. The North American version features Snapdragon 888, while in the other region, it is powered by Exynos 2100. Both processors provide improved performance than the previous generation, but the Exynos 2100 looks slightly better on paper.
In terms of camera, the phone now has 4 cameras, including the selfie camera. The main 12MP wide-angle lens, a 12MP ultra-wide lens, and a 64 MP telephoto lens with 3x hybrid optic zoom and 30x space zoom are more than enough firepower for most camera fanatics out there. Moreover, when coupled with the 10mp front camera, the entire set is wholesome for your everyday camera usage. Samsung has also improved its software and AI to make the camera function even better than before. The screen of the S21 is really bright at 1300 Nits (Peak) with a 1080p resolution, and the on-screen fingerprint sensor is now 1.7x bigger. Considering all of this, the battery should have been upgraded, but sadly the battery remains unchanged with a 4000mAh capacity.
With so many new added features, the price is supposed to go upright? Well, this is where the S21 shines and considering that it’s a flagship phone, it’s actually reasonably priced. Although the company has clearly done some cost cuttings, they have been thought out quite carefully; the most notable being the charger. Yes, although they mocked Apple for removing chargers, Samsung has followed the same trend.
The next price cut uses polycarbonate instead of the “premium feeling” glass backs, which would get cracks from physical impacts. With the matte finish on the Polycarbonate back, the phone looks sleeker and is now more crack proof. For those who prefer a premium feel, it might be a bit of a downgrade. Another major change is removing the SD card slot; now, this is quite odd as this is what made it convenient for shooting high-resolution videos.
The Galaxy S21, when we look at it, is quite a remarkable flagship phone. And when we add in all the considerations, Samsung added keeping the Pandemic affected economy in mind; this might be the best value phone out there in the market.
Galaxy S21 price in Nepal
Samsung Galaxy S1 has different model Variants and different prices for respective variants.
|Mobile Variant||Price in|
|8 GB + 128 GB||NPR 110,000|
|8 GB + 256 GB||NPR 118,000|
To get detailed information on Samsung Galaxy S21, visit the official website of Samsung.