The two-day Spirathon was concluded successfully on the 19th of November, 2017. A total of 29 participants from ten teams participated in this event to compete with one another. The game began with an inauguration ceremony where Mr. K.P Upadhyaya, the Managing Director of Spiralogics, did the honors of officially starting the appathon by lighting up the pants lights.
What is SPIRATHON?
Spiralogics International in partnership with Spiralogics Institute of Technology has organized SPIRATHON #CodeForSociety!
Spirathon is a two-day appathon event with a slight twist. The event will be held on November 18th and 19th, 2017. A team consisting of 2- 3 members will need to build a prototype application based on a social awareness theme. Ten teams have been shortlisted to compete in the event.
The members will turn the raw idea they have into a real-life web or mobile application. The team can build its use in any computer language and platform. There are no set barriers for this. Professionals from the top IT companies will be judging the event and choosing the winners.
- A platform for the participants to showcase their skills as well as brush up on their nontechnical skills such as presentation, teamwork, and leadership.
- An opportunity for the students to get an internship or a placement offer.
- Exposure of the participant’s TALENT!
- Participant’s project to contribute towards the betterment of society.
- Dipesh Karki – Economist Consultant, Software Engineer and currently an Assistant Professor of Economics at Kathmandu University School of Management.
- Mona Mona Nyachhyon – CEO of Log point Nepal
- Pravin Raj Joshi – CTO of Rooster Logic, A serial entrepreneur and a board member of OLE Nepal. He is also the Director at Brihaspati Vidyasadan School, Naxal.
- Ranjan Shrestha – Former CEO of Real-Time Solutions, CTO of Bhoos.com (A gaming platform)
- Saunak Ranjitkar – COO and CTO of Spiralogics International, General Secretary of Nepalese Association in Southeast America
The winning team will get a cash prize of Rs. 15,000, 100% scholarship to study a course of their choice in SIT and most importantly, an internship plus opportunity to work with Spiralogics International, a leading US-based software company. First and second runner ups will receive the cash prize of Rs. 10,000 and Rs. 5000 per team.
Spiralogics is an American based software development company with growing projects in various industries (healthcare, finance, etc.). It has an office in Kathmandu as well as Atlanta, GA. It currently employs over 60 team members in Nepal and USA. The company was established in 2002 in America and 2009 in Nepal.
The company has always desired to teach the new and upcoming developers with what it has learned over the years. Out of that idea, Spiralogics Institute of Technology (SIT) was born in 2017. SIT’s mission is simple: Make you the best software engineer you can be.