12 Janaury 2021, Kathmandu
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 9T is the first release from the Chinese manufacturer in 2021 and it boasts of its affordability with its price tag. The budget price tag makes it one of the cheapest 5G phones available in the market at present. Not only that, but Xiaomi also claims improved chipset and increased battery life over its predecessor, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T.
The Xiaomi Redmi 9T looks awesome on paper; the bigger 6.53 display, side-mounted fingerprint scanner (changed to the side instead of its predecessor’s rear-mounted scanner which was difficult to reach), and better chipset (MediaTek Dimensity 800U chipset), everything points to it being a better version from the Redmi Note 8T.
The price tag and the features that the phone provides makes it a superb deal. But the cost-cutting can be seen on the camera of the phone. The 8 MP ultra-wide camera which was present in the 8T is now missing. Plus, the usual issue with the Xiaomi phones operating solely because of bloatware still remains an issue.
Turning a blindside to these problems, the phone is pretty robust considering it is a 5G phone at a very affordable price and it offers some decent features too. If you are not really a “camera” person then this might turn out to be a very good pick.
Let’s take a closer look at the specs of Xiaomi Redmi Note 9T.
- Display: 6.53 inches IPS LCD panel. 395PPI, Gorilla Glass 5, 60 Hz refresh rate
- Resolution: 2340 * 1080 pixels, 19.5:9 aspect ratio FHD+
- Resolution: 6.35 * 3.04 * 0.36 inches
- Weight: 200gm
- Chipset: MediaTek Dimensity 800U (7nm Mobile Platform)
- RAM: 4 GB
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC3
- CPU: Octa-core (2 * 2.4 GHz Cortex – A76 & 6 * 2.0 GHz Cortex – A55)
- Memory: 64 GB UFS 2.1 / 128 GB UFS 2.2 (expandable)
- OS: Android 10, MIUI 12
- Rear Camera: Triple camera:
- 48 MP primary camera, f/1.88
- 8 MP ultra-wide lens, f/2.2, 118-degree FOV
- 2 MP macro sensor, f/2.4
- LED flash
- Front Camera: 13 MP f/2.3 sensor (punch-hole)
- Battery: 5000mAH with 18 W Fast Charging
- Colors: Nightfall Black, Daybreak Purple
- USB: Type C port
- Bluetooth: 5.0
- Sensors: accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Others: Side-mounted physical fingerprint sensor, 3.5 mm headphone jack, anti-splash coating, stereo speaker, dual sim (Nano), GPS
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9T has different model Variants and different prices for respective variants.
|Mobile Variant||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|4 GB + 64 GB||NPR 34,000|
|4 GB + 128 GB||NPR 40,000|