CALL FOR FELLOWSHIP
Youth Advocacy Nepal (YAN) is a movement based youth organization that is grounded from a human rights perspective, campaigning for a just society with a focus on activating youth within Nepal. We are dedicated to enhancing the capacity of youth, enabling them to claim and exercise their democratic rights. Through educational activities, we help to nurture their talents, collectively work together to drive positive social change and inspire future leaders.
YAN has announced 2016 fellowships to young scholars who wish to develop their academic career. The association is provided for five young academics. The selected articles will be published on ‘Nepal youth Journal’ -the bi-annually publishing journal.
- To encourage young scholars in developing their academic and research skills in the realm of social science.
- To initiate national discourses on making accessible, quality and productive public education system.
Theme: YOUTH AND EDUCATION
Who can apply for this fellowship?
Young Nepali citizen (not exceeding 40 years), residing in the country with successful completion of a bachelor’s degree in any field of social sciences is eligible for this program.
How to apply?
Interested individuals are requested to submit an abstract of 500-600 words (in English medium) along with a two-page CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Selected candidates are asked to write up a research-based article revolving around the theme- ‘Youth and Education.’
- The article should comprise about 5000 – 6000 words in English medium.
- The article should be based on standard journal article format encompassing footnotes/endnotes/references etc.
Selection of the fellows:
- Fellows will be short-listed after scrutiny of the abstracts by a team of experts.
- Only the selected abstracts by an expert team will be contacted.
Since this fellowship program is an initiation for encouraging young scholars to develop their academic career, hence, certain incentives will be provided to the selected candidates. Moreover, selected Fellows will get opportunities to engage with various activities being run by Youth Advocacy Nepal.