05 April 2020 Nepal
Social distancing is popular because of the outbreak of Coronavirus. But humans are still social animals. People are more on their social networking sites to stay connected. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc has become the main source of communication among people.
Facebook has launched a Messenger app, especially for macOS and Windows. Facebook took this step to provide quality services for desktop users. Now a user can video chat on their computer and stay connected with friends and family all over the world.
“There is a 100% increment in people using their desktop browser for audio and video calling,” says Facebook.
According to the report, messenger desktop would run on both Mac OS and Windows. They would have almost all the features of the messenger we have on smartphones.
The main features are-
- Group video calls on a larger screen: The app helps you to have group video calls on a larger screen.
- Easy to connect: It has always been easy to connect to people on Messenger. As you are friends with friends and family on Facebook, it is easy to connect them using messenger.
- Multitasking: Multitasking is possible as the easy chat pop up feature is included.
- Notifications: You can receive notifications for new messages, so you can quickly find the chat you’re looking for. But you’re in control — you can choose to mute and snooze notifications.
- Chats sync across mobile and desktop: This feature helps to sync chats between devices you are using. So that you can continue conversation no matter which device you are using.
- Everything you love about Messenger on a bigger screen: It also provides the feature of Dark Mode and GIFs. You can send files from your desktops and send photos and videos using the app.
You can download the app from Microsoft Store, for those who are running on windows. For desktop operating on Mac OS, you can find the app in the Mac App Store.