How to identify a fake user account on the Facebook following are some tips:
1. The statement was made recently 2015, 2016.
2. The report has no history published for earlier years, but Facebook says they have been a member since 2009, etc.
3. Most fake accounts have one image or no real profile photo of the person. Some may only have a select few models over a long period. A well-seasoned user would have more pictures posted over a long period. A fake account may have 7-10 photos posted on the same day.
4. The user has very few friends in common and or friends in general.
5. There is little to no interaction on their page with friends, any comments, likes or responses over their long timeline.
6. Profile picture seems to good to be true, that hot model added you today! They even messaged you and are interested in you!
7. When in doubt use reverse image search. Take their image and see if it is a real person or not.
8. When in doubt deny.