Image: NameStall

While browsing anything on the internet we should press internet’s domain names in English, but very soon the Internet’s domain name will be available in the Nepali language.
‘Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers’ an organization responsible for managing Domain Name System (DNS) in all over the world is preparing to provide domain names in 9 different fonts which represent many languages that are mostly spoken in South Asia.

The domain name will be available in a nine different font that includes Devanagari, Bengali, Gujarati, Gurmukhi, Kannada, Malayam, Udiya, Tamil and Telegu informed ICANN, India’s Chief, Samiran Gupta. Those nine fonts consist of different languages that are used in South Asia.

The Nepali language is associated with Devanagari font. Devanagari font includes the languages like Nepali, Sanskrit, Hindi, Bhojpuri, Maithili, Marathi, Awadi and Pali.

For the preservation of fonts and systematic distribution of domain names, ICANN is preparing plans and policies.

 “At present, 52 percent of total world populations have access to the Internet; remaining 48 percent are mostly illiterate about the English language. If the domain names are provided in a native language then the one who is untrained for the English language will also have access of the Internet”, said Gupta.

For more details check the official website of ICANN


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here