15th July 2019, Kathmandu
OnePlus is one of the top mobile companies currently in operation. In 2019, they planned to become the flagship killer by introducing the amazing OnePlus 7 Pro that launched ahead of OnePlus 7. The phone OnePlus 7 Pro has shaken up the mobile industry, however, the idea of it being the flagship killer that the company was looking for, is quite not true due to the overwhelming price of the phone. OnePlus 7 however might do the job for the company since it is a way better toned out a variant of the OnePlus 7 Pro.
Most of the internal design of the phones are same but the toned-out device lacks certain features that were seen in the Pro, so it can be regarded as an upgraded OnePlus 6T.
The OnePlus 7 is quite smaller as compared to the Pro version, with a 6.41’’ display and Full HD+ resolution. The phone has a regular 60Hz fluid display whereas the OnePlus Pro had a 90Hz display. The Gorilla glass protection is still present in OnePlus 7 along with the in-display fingerprint sensor.
Unlike most of the flagships, OnePlus 7 doesn’t have a triple camera, and even the dual camera has a primary lens with a depth sensor that can be easily found on other smartphones. A 16 MP selfie camera on its notch is the same that can be seen on the pop-up module. So, it really lets you down for camera features.
But the company hasn’t downgraded the power at all. The phone comes with a Snapdragon 855 process combined with two RAM variants, 6 GB and 8 GB. Only the 8 GB variant is available in Nepal. The phone is powered by a 3700 mAh battery and 20-Watt fast charging support which OnePlus claims to be the Wrap Charging. However, the charging isn’t as quick as the Pro model.
The OnePlus 7 is priced at Rs. 67,000 which is a lot cheaper than the OnePlus 7 Pro. So, the question of it being a flagship killer is yet to be answered but we think that the phone can be what the company is looking for given the amazing power that you get for the price.
OnePlus 7 Specifications:
- Design: Glass body, Aluminum frame
- Display: 6.41-inch Optic AMOLED panel with Full-HD+ resolution
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855
- Camera: Dual 48 MP (f/1.7, PDAF, OIS), NightScape 2.0 + 5 MP depth sensor and 16 MP with f/2.0, Auto-HDR
- OS: Android Pie (v9.0) with OxygenOS 9.5 on top
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 485)
- GPU: Adreno 640
- RAM/Storage: 8 GB/256 GB
- Sensors: In-display Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyro, proximity, compass
- Color Variant(s): Mirror Gray, Red
- Battery: 3700 mAh with 20-Watt Warp Charge