16th October 2020, Kathmandu
UN Resident Coordinator Office in Nepal and CAN Federation collaboratively is organizing a webinar on the topic of “Rethinking Technology for the Future We Want” on the occasion of the 75th anniversary of the UN.
The webinar is on the zoom platform on Friday, 16th October 2020 at 4:00 PM.
Registration Link: Click Here
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email With credentials to join the webinar.
Prof. Dr. Puspa Raj Kadel, Vice-Chairman, National Planning Commission has given his consent to be the chief guest at the webinar.
Other speakers are as the following:
- Richard Howard, UN Resident Coordinator a.i. for Nepal – Welcome Remarks
- Prof. Dr. Subarna Shakya, Institute of Engineering, Tribhuvan University – Contribution of the academic sector and research in e-readiness of Nepal.
- Anil Dutta, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Education, Science and Technology – National Information Technology Policy and Strategy
- Saroj Nepal, National Programme Coordinator, UNCDF – COVID-19, and digital economy in Nepal.
- Manohar Bhattarai, Former Vice-President, The then HLCIT – Disruptive Technology for the Future We Want
- Roja Kiran Basukala, Deputy Director, Nepal Telecom Authority – Internet Coverage and Infrastructure
- Prakash Neupane, Co-founder Sarathi – User accessibility and E-readiness
- Amit Agrawal, Co-founder & Director at Khalti – Digital Economy and Public E-readiness
- Nawaraj Kunwar, CAN Federation President – Closing Remarks