automobiles company in India

Automobile companies and organizations are wholly involved in the design, development, manufacturing, marketing, and selling of motor vehicles. They can also be known as automakers. And such automobile companies are an essential sector as per the revenue generating point of view.  Automobiles have a large market for the buying and selling of those auto parts in this entire world. Likewise, the Automobiles company in India contribute to about 7.1% of the country’s Gross Domestic Product(GDP) alone. 80% of the total occupancy is of two-wheeler in India.

Here is the list of the Top 10 automobiles company in India:

  1. Maruti Suzuki

This company established in the year 1981 and located in New Delhi. Initially, the company started its products in the year 1982 from Gurgaon, Haryana. After when the company Maruti went to a joint venture with Suzuki motor corporation, it renamed as Maruti Suzuki India Limited. And its share become 74% of the total shares and the rest 26% by the Suzuki motors. It also has a large branding in India than others, and the production of the company gets increased year after year. However, 47.3% of the total market share is of Maruti Suzuki in India alone.

  1. Hyundai </h3

The company founded in 1967 and headquarter of its lies in Seoul of South Korea. So, the Hyundai also established in Hyderabad, Telangana of India and considered as the second largest in market share after Maruti Suzuki. Also, this company also takes care of the environment, societies along with the customers’ safety too. The tentative market share of it is about 16.9% in India.

  1. Mahindra

It is also a well-known Indian brand and whose headquarter is in Maharashtra, Mumbai, India. It was initially a steel manufacturing company before it switched to the automobile company. The primary products of this are tractors which are suitable for agricultural deeds. Now the company produces cars, bikes, and scooters too and has got a market share of about 7.6% in the whole of India.

  1. Tata Motors

The next India’s largest commercial vehicle and passenger vehicles manufacturing company is Tata Motors. It is the fourth largest truck manufacturer and the second largest bus manufacturer that comes after Marco Polo. Similarly, the company has its low values and the ethics of the customers. Lately, it manufactured the world cheapest care Nano and got that market share of about 5.7%.

  1. Honda motors

The Japanese multinational automobile company situated in Tokyo, Japan. And it is the worlds largest manufacturer of internal combustion engines along with ships, power equipment, aircraft by volume. The market share of it is about 4.8%.

  1. Toyota

The next Japanese company located in Toyota, Japan. It is the third-ranked third-ranked manufacturer in the world after General Motors and Volkswagen. The production of its also hampered by the Tsunami that struck Japan in 2011 and it’s market share is of about 4.7% in India.

  1. Renault

The headquarter of the company is in France. The production of it is present in 118 countries in the world, and it owned 4.5% of the market share in India.

  1. Ford motors

Its headquarter is in Dearborn, Michigan USA. And it is a world leader in car manufacturing in the world but entered in the year 1995 in India and owned near about 3% of the total market shares.

  1. Nissan

It’s a Japanese automobile company and its branch located at Chennai, Tamil Nadu in India. It also worked under two portfolios in India that is Nissan and Datsun. Likewise, 1.94% of the total market shares owned by it in India.

  1. Volkswagen

A German automobile company is also famous for the up-class German engineering and the European class. And it attracts all the car models. It entered in India in the year 2007 whose headquarter lies in Maharashtra, Pune, India. Likewise, It also owned near about 1.63% of the total market shares.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here