12 March 2020, Kathmandu
Vivo is known for bringing something new to the table with every new smartphone launch. The super impressive smartphone brand launched Vivo Y17 in the Nepali market on May 24, 2019. Moreover, this was on the first month anniversary of the launch of Vivo V15. With amazing features, the Vivo Y17 price in Nepal was set at Rs. 31,490.
This amazing phone comes with a 6.35″ IPS LCD display with HD+ resolution (720 x 1544 pixels). But wait up! The most exciting feature of this lower mid-range smartphone is the AI triple camera. In fact, there is more to talk about Vivo Y17 features as it has been getting a lot of mixed reactions.
But why is the triple rear camera on Y17 so special?
Because there are barely other phones with triple cameras in this price range. Vivo’s other smartphones with a triple camera are the Vivo V15 and the Vivo V15 Pro. And, they go above 40,000 which is nowhere near a budget phone!
The HD screen, however, is quite common on smartphones that go above 23K. Also, the aspect ratio on Y17 is 19.3:9. Quite strange, right? Although, the internals are good with 4 GB RAM and 128 GB storage. Another feat of the Vivo Y17 is its huge 5000 mAh battery with 18-Watt fast charging.
Vivo y17 Specifications
- Display: 6.35″ IPS LCD with HD+ resolution (720 x 1544 pixels), 19.3:9 aspect ratio
- Rear Camera: Triple-setup, 13 MP primary with f/2.2 aperture & PDAF + 8 MP ultra-wide with f/2.2 aperture + 2 MP depth sensor
- Front Camera: Single, 20 MP with f/2.0 aperture
- Processor: MediaTek Helio P35
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 4 GB
- OS: Android Pie with FunTouch 9
- Storage: 128 GB internal
- Battery: 5000 mAh, 18-Watt Fast Charging
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
Vivo Y17 Price in Nepal: Rs. 29,490 [As of March 2020]
The price seems reasonable because it might just be the cheapest phone with triple cameras. Also, when you look at the Indian pricing, INR 18,000, it seems like it justifies the price in Nepal. However, there are a few letdowns on this phone such as its HD display which is very common and its Helio P35 processor. This chipset has no comparison to the Snapdragon 660 which you can actually get for a lower price.
To sum it up, the choice is yours to make! Would you go with performance and screen or battery life and triple cameras?
Let us know in the comments!