10th June 2020, Kathmandu
The Mi Band series is a highly successful fitness tracker lineup from Xiaomi. Like the smartphones lineup from Xiaomi’s Mi, it is also usually affordable and featured-pack. With its official launch in China, let’s have a look at Mi Band 5 price in Nepal along with features, and specs.
Mi Band 5: What’s New
By the looks of it, Xiaomi is finally listening to its audiences and fixing one of the worst things about the Mi Bands. Yes, the brand new Mi Band 5 gets magnetic charging.
Moreover, this Mi Band will have the feature to track exercise modes including yoga, rowing, indoor cycling, and jump roping.
Since Xiaomi has officially launched its latest fitness tracker in Nepal, let’s have a look at what’s in store for the buyers.
With the launch of Mi Band 5, we now have a much better insight into its design and features. And in all sense, it is bigger and better.
At the very first glance, you can spot the difference in design between Mi Band 5 and Mi Band 4. It sports an AMOLED screen which will be larger at 1.1-inch (as compared to a .95-inch display on the latter). However, the body remains the same size.
The one thing that Xiaomi has fixed with the new fitness tracker is the old charging method. The older lineups required separating the band from the tracker in order to charge it. So, you will get magnetic charging for the Mi Band 5.
Furthermore, Xiaomi says it has upgraded the sensors on its new release. In fact, it’s the PPG sensor that will result in 50% more accurate heart rate monitoring. Furthermore, there are upgrades for sleep, stress, and respiratory health tracking.
It also features a PAI (Personal Activity Intelligence) score that will help you evaluate your physical activities to help improve your fitness. Beside deep and light sleep, the Mi Band 5 will also report REM sleep that provides more efficient sleep tracking.
Other major feature additions include women’s health tracking and remote camera control (or shutter control). This means female users can use this Mi band to track their menstrual cycles. Moreover, Xiaomi has confirmed that the Mi Band 5 gets 11 sport modes.
Although it supports infrared detection, this feature is only available in the NFC variant. While the company has detailed NFC support, the global availability of this feature is not available as of yet. So, Xiaomi has also developed a non-NFC variant Mi Band 5.
Features to look forward to:
- Extra-large dynamic OLED screen
- Magnetic charging without separating the band from the tracker
- NFC Support (UnionPay and QuickPass)
- Take pictures remotely
- Sensor upgrades
- 11 professional sports modes
- Women’s health tracking mode
With all these amazing features, some would think the Mi Band 5 price in Nepal has gone over budget. Read through to find out!
Xiaomi Mi Band 5 Specifications
- Design: Plastic body, rectangle; IP65 water-resistant, Scratch resistant
- Display: 1.1-inch AMOLED screen, 126 x 294 px; 450 nit brightness
- Weight: 9g (Standard) / 12.1g (NFC)
- Wrist Band: TPU
- Wrist Buckle: Aluminium
- OS: Android v4.4, iOS 9.0 or above
- Compatibility: Android 5.0+ or iOS 10.0+
- Storage: 512KB RAM, 16MB storage
- Sensors: 3 Axis Accelerometer, 3 Axis Gyroscope, Pedometer, PPG Heart rate sensor, barometer, proximity sensor
- Features: Sleep tracker, 24/7 activity tracker, remote camera control, music playback controls, notifications, alarms, reminders, voice Recognition, NFC Support, etc.
- Water Resistance: 5ATM (50m/164ft for 10 minutes)
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0
- Battery: 125mAh
Mi Band 5 Price in Nepal, Availability
The official price of Mi Band 5 (standard variant) in Nepal is NPR 4,499. Mi’s latest fitness tracker is available across authorized Mi Stores, online partners, and retail partners starting September 10.
|Fitness Tracker||Price in Nepal [Official]|
|Xiaomi Mi Band 5||NPR 4,499|
You may also want to check out the impressive Xiaomi Mi 10 with a 108MP camera