Are you interested in learning Internet Policy? Telecom Policy? Broadband Policy? Join the course on Broadband course in the beautiful city of Pokhara. It is a highly competitive and standard course. Probably the best route on the subject matter. This event is organizing by Internet Society Nepal, Center for Law and Technology and LIRNEasia with the support of Ford Foundation.
They select from the competitive application and provide full fellowship to all the participants. Applicants from all part of the country are encouraged. Do not worry; they will give you the travel cost too. Women’s and participants from remote places are highly encouraged.
Organized by LIRNEasia, The Centre for Law & Technology (CLT) and Internet Society Nepal (ISOC Nepal) (with support from The Ford Foundation).
Dates: 16 – 19 February 2019
Location: Hotel Jal Mahal, Gharipatan (Besides ChaChaWhee, Pokhara)
The aim of the Event
The 4-day residential course aims to produce discerning and knowledgeable consumers of research who can engage in broadband policy & regulatory processes in Nepal. After successfully studying the course attendees will:
- Be able to find & assess relevant research &evidence
- Be prepared to summarize the learning in a coherent & comprehensive manner
- Have an understanding of broadband policy & regulatory processes in the country of Nepal
- Have the necessary options to improve their communication skills
- Have few knowledge of how media function and how to effectively interact with the press
Who May Apply
They will be selecting 25 participants (including junior- to mid-level officers of government & regulatory agencies, university students, lecturers, academics, media personnel and other civil society officers working in related fields) to participate in the course. They hope to have a group of participants diverse in experience and discipline as this would enrich the discussion and give different perspectives on the issues related to broadband.
- Lowest cost transportation to Pokhara from where you live will be covered (not applicable for those living within 10 km from Pokhara)
- Accommodation (on twin-sharing basis) and meals for the duration of the course (4 days and four nights). Arriving the evening before the class starts (15th February 2018) and leaving on the evening of the last day of the course (19th January 2018)
The application form is online here.
The submission deadline is the 18th of January 2018
Notification of acceptance will be via email on or before 26th January 2018, with instructions on travel arrangements.
- Content of application
- Evidence of interested & commitment to, policy-relevant research
- Gender, discipline, relevant experience and regional representation to ensure diversity
- Thavisha Perera-Gomez, Researcher Manager, LIRNEasia
- Santosh Sigdel, President, ISOCNepal