August 30, 2019, Kathmandu
The students that have just cleared +2 must have various questions about what to pursue after +2. What courses are suitable for Nepal? Scopes and requirements of a course may sound confusing to students. Different courses that make a student globally competent are available in Nepal that has their importance, future probabilities, and selection criteria. Here we bring the information regarding a popular Bachelor level course, BSc. CSIT.
What is CSIT?
BSc. CSIT is an undergraduate-level course that mainly includes research in computer science and IT. This is a faculty to teach and research topics related to the latest technology in the IT sector. This course teaches you how some techniques succeed/fail, along with the upbringing of newer technological advancements.
Likewise, it includes subjects related to computer systems, applications, development, and programming. However, research is given more priority than request.
CSIT students can perform IT research as well as application development. However, those who have studied a BCA course can only use the application.
The subject of Computer Engineering and CSIT is very similar. The working area is the same. However, CSIT and Engineering aren’t the same courses.
Who can enroll in BSc.CSIT?
- Those with a science background in +2
- Students with 2nd grade or having a C grade in each subject
- Students from A-level history can also study BSc. CSIT. However, you should have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics
- CTEVT Engineering Diploma Students can also explore the course, but they must have studied Physics and Math
- They must pass the entrance exam conducted by the Institute of Science and Technology
Course details of BSc.CSIT:
The BSc. CSIT is a four-year bachelor level course and consists of 8 semesters. Tribhuvan University in 2064 designed it. This course is conducted at Tribhuvan University and Midwestern University. TU has affiliated with the private campus while Midwestern University has not provided affiliation, so it is taught only at the university.
Cost for the course:
It costs 5 to 12 lakhs for a four years course. However, different colleges offer various services that can change the value from college to college.
There is no fixed number of students that receive scholarships. Those with a weak economic status and students securing higher marks in semesters will be provided with different awards from the college.
Internship and practical is a must for this course. During the 8th semester, a student needs to work as an intern for at least three months in any IT company. Likewise, a software project is also compulsory, where students are sent to various companies for research and development.
Possible settlement areas:
- Governmental offices
- IT industry (Governmental or Private)
- Application Development companies
- IT research
- Web design
- Banking and telecom services
- Computer graphics
- Computer Network
- Operating System
- Database Management
- Software Engineering
Professionals working in the field of IT can earn 50,000 per month. However, the salary can be boosted depending upon a person’s capabilities.
Most of the students travel abroad for a Master’s course. Mainly countries like USA, Canada, Australia are the student’s destinations.
Colleges under Tribhuvan University offering BSc. CSIT:
- Texas International College, Chabahil, Kathmandu
- Samriddhi College, Bhaktapur
- Amrit Science Campus, Thamel, Kathmandu
- Deerwalk Institute of Technology, Siphal, Kathmandu
- Bernhardt College, Bafal, Kathmandu
- Sagarmatha College of Science & Technology, Sanepa, Lalitpur
- Orchid International College, Gaushala, Kathmandu,
- Asian School of Management, Gongabu, Kathmandu
- National College of Computer Science (NCCS), Paknajol, Kathmandu
- St. Lawrence College, Chabahil, Kathmandu
- Aberdeen International College, Jawalakhel, Lalitpur
- Nagarjuna College of Information Technology, Pulchowk, Lalitpur
- Prime College, NayaBazaar, Kathmandu
- Trinity International College, Dilli Bazaar, Kathmandu
- St. Xavier, Maitighar, Kathmandu
- Asian College of Higher Studies, Putalisadak, Kathmandu
- College of Applied Business, Chabahil, Kathmandu
- Academia International College, Gwarko, Lalitpur
- Himalayan College of Engineering, Chyasal, Kathmandu
- Kathford International Campus, Balkumari, Lalitpur
- New Summit College, Shantinagar, Kathmandu,
- Patan Multiple Campus, Patan, Lalitpur
- Mount Annapurna Campus
- Nepalaya College, Kalanki, Kathmandu
- Such College of IT, Pokhara, Kaski
- Swastik College, Bhaktapur
- Birendra Multiple College, Sunsari
- Madan Bhandari College, New Baneshwar, Kathmandu
- Kathmandu College of Technology, Lokanthali, Bhaktapur
- Universal College, Shantinagar, Kathmandu
- Prithvi Narayan Campus, Pokhara, Kaski
- National Infotech College, Birgunj, Parsa
- Butwal Multiple Campus, Rupandehi
- Mahendra Morang Adarsha Multiple Campus, Morang
- BankeBageshwori College, Banke
- Bhaktapur Multiple Campus, Bhaktapur
- Virat college, Morang
- Hetauda City College, Makwanpur
- Himalaya Darshan College, Morang
- Indreni College, Chitwan
- Jaya Multiple Campus, Jorpati, Kathmandu,
- Lumbini ICT College, Nawalparasi
- Mahendra Multiple Campus, Nepalgunj, Banke
- Siddhartha Science campus, Kanchanpur
- Shushma Godavari College, Sunsari
- TinahuTechnical College, Rupandehi
- Nepathya College, Rupandehi
- Ambikesvari College, Dang
- Nepalgunj College, Banke
- Neharika College, Morang
- Nist College, Kavre
- Padma Kanya Campus, Bagbazar, Kathmandu
- RamswarupCampus, Dhanusha
- Shri yantra College, Jhapa
Likewise, the Midwestern and Far Western universities are conducting this course in Kanchanpur.