We right now are living in the 21st century and internet, also known as the WWW (World Wide Web) has become one of the reliable things these days. With its merits, the internet also has drawbacks of its own; the risk of the cybersecurity is one of them.
The internet is a free platform with no international laws and regulation upon it which makes it more prone to risks. Some core values don’t honestly dim the problems caused by the internet but somehow minimizes it. They are as follows:
- Internet should be understood more as a way of learning and communicate by using it for any further use may lead to several problems.
- Since adults should know what is right and what is wrong.For their children. A parent’s supervision is essential.
- If got into any internet related problem, consulting with adults should be considered necessary.
Children aren’t fully grown; so they don’t know what correct decisions they should be taking. Some of the risks attached to a child’s exposure to the open internet are:
- It encourages the child to be violent, sexual and pornographic content which might guide them in the wrong direction.
- Children have the kind of mentality that can be changed quickly, and according to them, the internet is the source which always is correct. So, it may guide children with inaccurate information.
- There are a lot of bullies and blackmailers on the internet who look for just a chance to bully someone. Due to which your child may be a victim of those bullies.
PDF LINK: Learn Internet Governance Initiative Child Online Safety By Shreedeep Rayamajhi and Sajina Karki