Digambar Jha has once again appointed as the Chief of Nepal Telecommunication Authority (NTA). Earlier, the government scrapped Jha from NTA’s chief.
The meeting of the council of the minister on Thursday appointed Jha once again as a Chief of NTA.
Jha was removed from the post after a new government decided to scrap all political appointments made by Sher Bahadur Deuba-led government after August 30 last year citing they were against the election code of conduct which was in effect then.
Earlier, the government would make a political appointment for the position. Jha regained the job through an open competition.
Total of 15 candidates vied for NTA’s chief. The competitors include:
- Digambar Jha, Former chair of NTA
- Ananda Raj Khanal and Purshotam Khanal, Senior Director of NTA
- Chandramani Chaulagain, Member of NTA Committee
- Buddhi Prasad Acharya and Dev Narayan Yadav, Former Spokesperson of Nepal Telecom (NTC)
- Rabindra Jha, Shiva Bhushan Lal, Madhu Sudhan Karmacharya and Khadga
Basnet, Former official of NTC
- Ujwal Pradhananga, ICT expert at UNICEF
- Bhupendra Bhandari, Official of Smart mobile
- Rohit Rauniyar, Sales Director at Ncell
- Sushil Ghimire and Anil Jha, Former Secretary of Nepal Government
Because of the vacant post of NTA’s main many essential projects were halted, now let’s hope all of them will be completed very soon.
ICT Frame team congratulates Digambar Jha for being appointed as Chief of Nepal Telecommunication Authority. We hope you will do your best during your working period.
Here are the Qualifications and experience criteria for the NTA chief.
Age: 30 to 65
Educational Qualifications and Experience: Bachelors degree from the academic institution, and ten years of experience in the respective sector
Work Experience: 10 years of work experience in any Government service or corporations, regulators, departments or public company, in the position of First grade or Tenth level or above.
Not legally charged to be unfit for the position