It will be big fun and excitement for every technology lovers to become an Uber driver. If you have an interest in driving and love technological appliances, then this article will be a turning point of your life to make or shape your career as a driving professional on Uber. Here I am going to give you some useful criteria that you must meet to become an Uber driver. Here we begin:
- You have to be at least 21 years of age.
- You must have at least three years of driving experience.
- You must have car insurance in your name in the state you live in.
- You must have an in-state car registration although it does not need to be in your name.
- You must have a current in-state driver’s license and Social Security number.
- You must have a clean driving record: no DUI or drug-related offenses, fatal car accidents, history of reckless driving. Further, you must not have a criminal history.
- Furthermore, if you have recently shifted to a new state, you need to submit extra information to verify your driving history.
Not only this, but there is also much other information that you have to know like what kind of insurance and driver’s license that are needed for you, what type of Car that you need to join Uber, how much money that you would make, etc.
- Uber offers insurance coverage but only when you are logged into their app. And it covers the following details:
- Commercial liability insurance with a one million limit
- Uninsured/underinsured bodily injury with a $1 million limit
- Contingent comprehensive and collision coverage with $1,000 deductible (only for drivers with personal comprehensive and collision coverage)
- To join for Uber, you need a car like a 2000 car model or 2005 model or newer. The vehicles also need to be a four-door sedan that sits four or more passengers without including the drivers. Even if you do not have a car, you can consider buying a used car or vehicle that meets all Uber’s requirement.
- Being a Uber driver, you can make good money but you need to have willing to try new places, new times and mostly go above and beyond what other drivers have done.
- You also have to pay taxes on a timely basis as similar to a freelance worker.