Shree Prasad Khanal, Database Administrator,Consultant and Speaker of SQL Architecture. Regional Lead for Microsoft Certified Trainers in Nepal.
Specialties: Architecture Design, Data Processing (ETL/ELT), BI Architecture & Implementation, Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services, Microsoft Reporting Services, Microsoft Analysis Services, Big Data Architecture, Resource Management/ Mentoring, Master Data Management, Data Quality Services, Performance Tuning, Database Maintenance and operations, Disaster Recovery, High Availability, SQL Server Internals, Enterprise Project Management.
I’m an independent consultant specializing in Microsoft SQL Server
Founder and President of the Himalayan SQL Server User Group. The Himalayan SQL Server User Group is a group of professional users of Microsoft SQL Server dedicated to sharing knowledge with each other. The aim of the group is to increase the knowledge level of each member of the group and to increase the usefulness of the product for each member.
– (4 years 9 months)Kathmandu
* Responsible for logical and physical design towards application and database tuning.
* Major activities include advanced performance tuning, database design, capacity planning.
* Establishing standards for SQL installations, maintenance, tuning, and coding standards.
* Converted page embedded SQL queries to secure and optimized Stored Procedure.
* Established Data Mining Algorithms to create Self Learning Automated System.
* Designed Single Page Application and implemented Database Driven navigation.
* Established and wrote Performance Tuning guidelines to enhance quality of our product for .
* Maintain performance of databases using advanced tuning methods and customized scripts.
* Redesigned a thorough backup and recovery strategy for all major production systems.
* Upgraded all SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005 without service interruption.
– (5 months)Kathmandu
Responsible for logical and physical design towards application and database
– (1 year 9 months)
• As a Programmer Analysts, my responsibilities included the following
• Going through the clients’ requirements and coming up with database design and application architecture that is Analysis and Database Design, Interface design and Report design and finally UML Design.
• Manual Testing
– (2 years)Nepal
Trainer and Successfully Conducted Training on Microsoft Visual Basic .Net 2003,
Database Designing and Development in Microsoft-SQL Server 2000.
Designing and Development of official Curriculum and Course Material for New
Trainer for Database Design and Administration using MS-SQL Server.
Application Development using Visual Basic .Net with Ms SQL Server 2000 & 2005,
Oracle 9i and Ms. Access 2003.