UNESCO seeks applications from qualified and experienced Nepalese nationals for a Python/Django Software Engineer as a Consultant. He/she will be full-time based in the Department of Archaeology (DoA). The duration of the assignment will be from 1 September to 31 December 2016 and is extendable depending upon performance and availability of fund.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the overall authority of the UNESCO Representative to Nepal and Head of Office and direct supervision of the Culture Unit, the incumbent shall support customization and development of Nepal Cultural Heritage Information Management System (CHIMS) at the DEA. Nepal CHIMS will be customized based on an open source software Arches Heritage Inventory and Management System (www.archesproject.org), so familiarity with the software is significant. Additionally, technical support for creating Movable CHIMS is also essential.
Major responsibilities are:
– Technical support in developing, managing and customizing Nepal Cultural Heritage Information Management System (CHIMS) and Movable CHIMS;
– Train government officials in using and maintaining the systems;
– Record own works and write necessary documents to sustain the systems
– Support data import activity;
– Ensure system maintenance, security, backup, and restoration;
– Provide technical support and guidance to government officials;
– Perform any other duties as per the need of the Department of Archaeology, Government of Nepal, and UNESCO
· BEng/BSc in Computer Science or Engineering / IT related Bachelor’s degree, 2 -3 years of experience in Python/Django framework is preferable
· Fluency in Python/Django web development
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a multicultural environment with external and internal partners;
· Team-oriented individual: self-starter with the ability to take the initiative and work without detailed guidance;
· Good communication skills (verbally and in writing);
· Energetic, result-oriented, and interested in quality;
· Solid computer skills including advanced knowledge of office software such as Word and Excel.
· Excellent Nepali and English (Understanding, reading, speaking and writing)
Note: The working hours at the DoA is from 10 AM to 5 PM from Sunday to Friday as per government rules and regulations.
Assessment Method: The evaluation of qualified candidates may include code tests followed by interviews with the presentation
Women and members of minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are requested to send their application including a motivation letter in English and the complete UNESCO CV form, accompanied by a recent passport size photograph and copies of diplomas indicating the ‘Position Title’ to the following address NOT LATER THAN 14 August 2016.