May 25, 2020, Kathmandu
It’s difficult to escape the craze for PUBG no matter which part of the world you are in. PUBG or PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is a real-time multiplayer battle royale released back in March 2017 by PUBG Corporation and China’s Tencent games. In this article, we will discuss how to play PUBG on PC or laptop with and without Emulator.
The mobile version of the game didn’t come out until February 2018. While it is also available on PS4, PUBG mobile is the best version of this popular game. However, nothing beats its experience on a larger display.
PUBG Mobile is available to download for free on iOS and android. But, you need to pay around 20-30 USD to play PUBG online on PC.
Don’t worry! We have the solution. Check out how to play PUBG mobile on a PC or laptop and hurry to the lobby.
How to Play PUBG on PC Without an Emulator
As mentioned earlier, PUBG is available for purchase via Steam. So, it should answer your question “Is PUBG available on PC?” In order to download and play PUBG, you first have to install Steam – popular PC games distribution service.
Follow these steps after installing Steam on your PC or laptop:
- Open Steam and sign up with your account. In case you already have a Steam account, sign in.
- After signing in, navigate to the bottom left corner where you shall click on Add a Game.
- Next, you have to click on Browse Steam Store for Games and in the search bar, type PUBG.
- From there, you can purchase PUBG for 29.99 USD. Click on Add to Cart and then select between Purchase for me and Purchase as a gift.
- After selection, add a payment method and purchase the game. After payment, you can play PUBG on a PC or laptop.
How to Play PUBG on PC With an Emulator
Most of you might already know that you can download PUBG mobile on a PC or laptop. If you didn’t well, you can – with an Android emulator. There are many Android emulators available but we don’t recommend playing PUBG mobile on PC. Tencent launched the official PUBG emulator which was known as Tencent Gaming Buddy.
It is now known as the Gameloop PUBG Mobile emulator which you need to download first. What you have to do next is follow these steps:
- After downloading the .exe file, install it on your PC or laptop.
- Once installed, run the emulator. Before you proceed to launch the game, you first need to change the language to English since it boots up in Chinese. (Unless you understand or are comfortable with Chinese obviously.)
- In order to change the language, Press Windows Key + R and type Regedit on the box that appears. Next, click on OK and proceed to click on Yes on the pop-up menu.
- In the Registry Editor that opens up, double-click on UserLanguage under MobileGamePC (located in the sub-menu on the left).
- Enter en_US in value data and click OK.
- Restart the emulator and that does it!
- After you open the emulator, search for PUBG Mobile on the search bar. Download and install the game.
- It will appear in My games section of the emulator. Simply click on it to start playing PUBG on PC or laptop.
That’s how you can start playing the game using an emulator. However, it’s simply a larger version of the PUBG mobile with lower graphics and possibly high ping.
How to Play PUBG on PC for Free (Without an Emulator)
Now, there’s another way to play PUBG on PC without using an emulator, and it’s absolutely free. Yes, we are talking about PUBG lite. It is the free version of the game and it’s optimal if you lack a high-end system.
Also, it saves you a good amount of your money. It runs well on low-end specifications and its free to download for Windows.
Follow these simple steps to download PUBG lite on your PC and start playing:
- Go to the PUBG Lite website where you will come across a yellow Download
- Click on it and it will download a .exe file on your PC or laptop.
- Install the PUBG Lite setup on your PC by opening the downloaded file.
- Open PUBG Lite after installation and sign in with your PUBG account. Make sure to create one in case you don’t have an account. (You can also log in with your Facebook account.)
- Click on Install after logging in. This will start the installation of PUBG Lite on your PC or laptop.
- And, it’s done! Enjoy playing PUBG on your PC for free.
Well, if you want to enjoy PUBG on a larger screen, you can also choose to mirror your mobile on your PC or laptop. Of course, you will be playing on your mobile but it still provides a better experience.
That basically covers this article. As you can see, there are numerous ways to play PUBG online on PC. Which one would you prefer?