3rd May 2021, Kathmandu
These are the 15 Announcements made by the government on Sunday, from free SIM distribution to the NAMASTE-PAY test. The government on Sunday announced 15 different programs to help build a digital Nepal.
On the occasion of National Information and Communication Technology Day on Sunday, Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli announced 15 different programs virtually.
- Opening an online bank account (Nepal Bank and Siddhartha Bank) interconnecting the following additional services in the Citizen app.
(Fill online bank KVS).
- To announce the program to include local-level services in the citizen app.
- To provide internet access to all ward offices, primary health centers, and community educational institutions except Kathmandu Valley for building the infrastructure of Digital Nepal.
- Distribution of free SIM cards in all the Terai districts of Province No. 1 and 2.
- To distribute free SIM cards in all the districts of Karnali and Far West.
- To test the use of FiveG through Nepal Telecom.
- To launch a digital payment (Namaste Pay) app as a trial by Nepal Telecom.
- To keep government data safe, a data center will be established in Kohalpur, and a data center and internet exchange center will be established in Khumaltar.
- Implementing an online press pass by the Department of Information and Broadcasting.
- To announce the program to include the services of the land management department in the citizen app.
- To automate the services of departments, ministries, and offices by implementing an integrated office management system based on information technology for the work to be done by all the bodies of the Government of Nepal for the paperless government.
- Announcement of online government tax payment program.
- In order to make the records of postal residents from registration to distribution systematic and transparent, the Postal International Tracking System (PITS) will be extended to every District Post Office and Area Office.
- Public welfare advertisement, government advertisement, collection, publication, broadcasting, monitoring, and payment work software through advertisement board will be formatted.
- To prepare National Frequency Strategy Plan.