22nd August 2020, Kathmandu
Oppo has introduced the successor to its entry-level Oppo A52 smartphone that launched in June here in Nepal. After being available in Indonesia for quite a while, Oppo has finally launched Oppo A53 in Nepal.
That’s why we are here to give you some more insight into the smartphone’s features, specs, availability, and price in Nepal.
Oppo A53 Overview
Design and Display
Let’s start with the front look on the Oppo A53. It features a 6.5-inch HD+ display with a resolution of 1600 x 720 pixels and a refresh rate of 90Hz. Moreover, it has a small punch hole cutout that houses its selfie camera.
At the back, you’ll notice a triple camera setup in a rectangular module. Oppo A53 has dropped the quad-camera setup that its predecessor, the Oppo A52, came with.
You can also find a fingerprint scanner on the rear panel.
As mentioned earlier, the Oppo A53 has a triple camera setup that consists of a 16MP primary sensor. Other sensors include a 2MP depth sensor and another 2MP macro lens. The rectangular camera module also has a LED flash.
Meanwhile, the selfie camera is a 16MP wide lens with f/2.0 and HDR features.
The Oppo A53 is powered by octa-core Snapdragon 460 SoC, which is paired with 4GB of RAM. For storage, it comes with 64GB of UFS 2.1 internal storage. Fortunately, users will be able to expand the memory up to 256GB via a microSD card.
For the graphics part, it features the Adreno 610. The Oppo A53 runs on ColorOS 7.2 on top of Android 10.
Battery and Extras
Under the hood, the Oppo A53 comes with a massive 5000mAh battery that supports 18W fast charging. This means that the company hasn’t made any improvements in the battery in comparison with its predecessor.
Connectivity options for Oppo A53 include Wi-Fi, 4G LTE, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, USB Type-C charging, and 3.5mm audio jack.
Oppo A53: Specifications Sheet
- Display: 6.5-inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio; 90Hz refresh rate
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 460 (11 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×1.8 GHz Kryo 240 & 4×1.6 GHz Kryo 240)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- OS: Android 10, ColorOS 7.2
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB UFS 2.1 (expandable)
- Rear Camera: Triple-Camera
- 16MP, (wide), PDAF
- 2MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features – LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video – [email protected]
- Front Camera: 16MP, f/2.0 (wide); HDR
- Body: 9 x 75.1 x 8.4 / 186g
- SIM Card: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery, Fast charging 18W
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, USB 2.0
- Colors: Electric Black, Fancy Blue
Also check out: Oppo Mobile Price in Nepal
Oppo A53 Price in Nepal, Availability
The official price of Oppo A53 in Nepal is set at NPR 22,990. As for availability, it is available for purchase at the various mobile retail stores across Nepal since September 15.
|Oppo Model||Price in Nepal [Official]|
|Oppo A53 (4/64GB)||NPR 22,990|
Well, it is too early to say but looking at the specs, there are some setbacks with the Oppo A53. Especially, when it is compared to its predecessor.
The choice of using Snapdragon 460 and triple-camera setup could be due to the fact that it is an entry-level smartphone. However, Oppo has managed to make some tweaks and reduce the price on the Oppo A53.
Let’s wait and see how it performs after its official debut in Nepal.
What do you think of the Oppo A53?
Share your thoughts in the comments!