13th June 2020, Kathmandu
If going big’ had a physical representation, then the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra is definitely it. Better camera, faster connectivity, and bigger display – everything expected from the Samsung flagship smartphone. It is the most appealing among the S20 series and with its official launch, we will be looking at Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra price in Nepal along with its amazing specs.
The Galaxy S20 Ultra comes after the popularity and success of S20 & S20 Plus in the Nepali market. This flagship mobile phone from Samsung introduces a brand-new camera architecture that combines AI with its largest image sensor.
Design & Display: Better in Every Way
The S20 Ultra exhibits fine quality and craftsmanship featuring a similar build to its S20 counterparts. The front glass is slightly less curved along the side edges compared to its predecessor Samsung Galaxy S10. However, there’s a steeper curve on the rear glass.
The Samsung flagship sports a 6.9-inch Dynamic AMOLED Infinity-O screen with a 120Hz refresh rate. In fact, it has multiple resolutions and refresh-rate options. Moreover, the screen is HDR10+ and provides excellent color.
It has all the premium features including IP68 dust/water resistance. Although, some would be disappointed to know that the 3.5mm headphone jack is gone. Wireless headphones to the rescue! Another thing that is missing in the S20 series is the heart rate sensor and the variable aperture lens.
Camera: Super Zoom!
The camera is definitely the number-one selling point with an epic 108MP primary sensor. Accompanying it is a 12MP ultra-wide, 48MP telephoto, and a ToF 3D DepthVision sensor. Clearly, the main sensor is a total beast that is capable of 10X hybrid optical zoom.
Furthermore, the features on S20 Ultra that Samsung can boast about include amazing 100X zoom and 8K video capture. There are two ideas behind such a monstrous sensor: to allow more light and, to offer incredible detail. Only a few smartphones such as the Xiaomi Mi 10 have shipped with such a massive megapixel count.
In fact, the 108MP camera combines the details of 9 images at once with the use of “nona bidding” technology to deliver sharp and vibrant images. Likewise, the selfie snapper on the S20 Ultra is a 40MP lens having an 80-degree FOV.
Performance & Memory: Speed at the Core
Powering the Galaxy S20 Ultra is the Exynos 990 (Global) and the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 (US). In fact, it is one of the first phones to ship with this Snapdragon processor. However, we get the Exynos chipset in Nepal.
The company has also been producing LTE variants of the S20 Ultra considering the lack of 5G infrastructure in many countries. Of course, we will be getting the non-5G variant in the Nepalese market.
Talking about memory, it comes with an option of 12GB and 16GB LPDDR5 RAM, while the internal storage is up to 512GB.
Battery: Live long & Prosper
The S20 Ultra packs a massive 5000mAh battery which is bigger than 4000mAh on S20 and 4500mAh on S20 Plus. It also supports 45W fast charging – the same as Galaxy Note 10 Plus. Moreover, the Ultra variant has wireless (25W) and reverse-charging compatibility.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra Specifications
- Display: 9-inch “Infinity-O” Dynamic AMOLED display 2X panel with a 120Hz refresh rate and Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Resolution: 1440 x 3200 pixels, 20:9 ratio
- Chipset: Exynos 990
- Network: GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
- CPU (Central Processing Unit): Octa-core (2×2.73 GHz Mongoose M5 & 2×2.50 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- RAM: 12GB LPDDR5
- Storage: 128GB; Expandable up to 1TB via MicroSD card
- Operating System (OS) & UI: Android 10, One UI 2
- Rear Camera: Quad Setup
- 108 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), PDAF, OIS
- 48 MP, f/3.5, 103mm (periscope telephoto), PDAF, OIS, 4x optical zoom, 10x hybrid zoom
- 12 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), Super Steady video
- 3 MP, TOF 3D, f/1.0, (depth)
- Features – LED flash, auto-HDR, panorama
- Video – [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/240fps, [email protected], HDR10+, stereo sound rec., gyro-EIS & OIS
- Front Camera: 40MP Selfie Camera, f/2.2
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery with 45-watt Fast Charging Support, 15W fast Qi/PMA wireless charging, 9W reverse charging
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, ultrasonic), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Colors: Cosmic Grey, Cosmic Black
Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra Price in Nepal
The S20 Ultra is one of the biggest phones of 2020. Even if you had purchased Samsung flagship smartphones in the past, you might want to think twice if you are on a budget.
The Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra price in Nepal is set at Rs. 1,59,999. It will go on sale on offline retail shops from June 23, 2020. Furthermore, it will be available in two color variants – Cosmic Black and Cosmic Grey.
Would you go for the S20 Ultra given its amazing specs and price? Do you think it might be the best phone ever to launch in the Nepalese market?
Check out: Samsung Mobile Price in Nepal