05 April 2020, Kathmandu
The number of coronavirus infections is skyrocketing. World wide people are worried about their health and hygiene. Studies suggest that coronaviruses may persist on surfaces for a few hours or up to several days. These microscopic particles are impossible to see through human eyes and yet can be present near you attached to the surface. As being a restless human being we tend to touch each and everything around us, but now it is not the quite right time to do so. Now is the time we need to be careful about things around us and that which we use the most.
The thing we use the most. What can that be?
Well, It can be many things: the doorknob you just touched to close the door or the devices you are watching this from. While cleaning doorknobs, staircase handles can be easier, the real trouble is to disinfect your electronic devices.
Well, it is not that troublesome if you just follow the following steps:
- So you are cleaning your “Electrical” device and doing it using alcohol-based chemicals you don’t want to burn your devices getting an electric shock. So the first thing you must do is remove all the cables plugged in. If it is possible you can remove batteries as well.
- After you have removed all the plugins you can moisturize the device. Pouring down any kind of liquid directly to the device is never a good idea. It is always better to use wet cotton or a piece of cloth to moisturize the device.
- Using a screen protector while disinfecting your devices is always a wise idea. It may not be possible in other electronic devices but if you can put it there before moisturizing it.
- You need to make sure all the openings ports like the USB port, HDMI port are safe and you don’t drip liquid on to it.
- Manufactures suggest a solution of water and 70% isopropyl alcohol can be used to clean their devices. These solutions can clean the exterior surfaces of your phones and tablets without. Using unknown cleaning products can be harmful to your poor devices.
- Disinfectant wipes can also be used to disinfect your devices. Even though they are used for skin, they contain the right mixture of chemicals to be used in cleaning electronic devices.
- As mentioned earlier, instead of pouring the solution into the device, we can use cotton or a piece of cloth to moisturize it.
- After you have finished cleaning the device, be sure that it is dry before you switch on the power of your device. Connecting your phone to the charger while it is still wet is the dumbest thing you can do.
- Well after you have disinfected your device, it is time to disinfect yourself. In the end, you don’t want your hard work to go into the vein, so sanitize your hand. And you know the procedures, at least for 20 seconds, you need to clean your hand using soap.
- There is another method as well in order to kill all the virus present on your device surface. And that is to use UV rays sanitizer. UV light sterilizers are effective and less time consuming as it can kill the virus within a few minutes.