30 March 2021, Kathmandu
20 years after the opening of the Bhansar Agent customs agent license online application open. Learn how to apply online?
The department of customs has issued licenses for 660 customs agents post.
The department under the Ministry of Finance has opened the application through the online application system from Chaitra 16. And the applications should be submitted by Baisakh 12, 2078.
The customs agent’s license, which has been open for over two decades, is believed to promote the country’s imports and exports. In general, a customs agent’s license is just like a lawyer’s license.
It is mandatory to get a license from the customs department. Only such license holders can be appointed as customs agents by entrepreneurs.
There is a provision that enables the exporter or importer to select a customs agent from among the licensed persons to inspect the products on his behalf or to do customs-related work.
According to the customs regulations:
- Candidates must have a minimum qualification of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree.
- Candidates must have at least three months of basic computer training.
- No amount due to the Government of Nepal.
- No criminal conviction from a court.
- Must be 21 years old to become a customs agent.
According to the department, the examination center will be located solely in the Kathmandu Valley. A fee of Rs 3,000 has been set for this examination.
It’s very easy to apply. Follow these steps if you have any issue:
- First, you need to have an account in the customs department. If not, worry not you can register it from here.
- After creating an account, you can either go on the website or just click here to apply for a customs agent.
- Fill in the details required in the form.
- Attach all the required documents and then submit them.
After the application is approved, the candidates will have to print the exam admit card from the online system. Candidates can go to any branch of Rastriya Banijya Bank Limited and pay the examination application fee:
- To the account number 1000200010000 of the Tripureshwor office of the Customs Department with code number 305033501 and revenue code number 14224.