5th September 2020, Kathmandu
Western Union is no surprise one of the largest remittance company in the world. They have their services in more than 200 countries with thousands of agent locations. This makes WU more convenient to users and therefore, is the number one choice of many.
Here are some of the ways how to receive money from Western Union in Nepal.
3 Ways to Receive Money from Western Union in Nepal
- First, you have to find the agent near your location. You can then go to the agent and provide 10 digits MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number) to the staff in the counter.
MTCN is a tracking number that is assigned to every money transfer by WU. This makes identifying your fund so much easy.
- Then, provide the Receiver’s Name, Address, Contact details, Relationship with Sender, Purpose of Fund, and Amount to receive.
- You’ll have to submit any sort of valid Government Identification. It can be your citizenship, passport, driving license, or voter’s ID.
- However, the cash payout limit is NPR 100,000/-
Receive Money in your eWallet
In the modern world, using your eSewa account is much more convenient. It saves you the hassle of going to the agent and the money is safely transferred to your account!
Here’s the process to receive money from Western Union in Nepal from eSewa.
- Log in to your eSewa account and enter the 10 digits MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number) that the sender has sent you.
- You’ll need to fill up the “Purpose of Transfer” You will have options such as personal use, family maintenance, medical expenses, educational expenses, and professional service. Choose any.
- Then, fill out the “Relationship to Sender”. It has options such as father, mother, wife, husband, son, daughter, brother, sister, friend, other relatives, and partner.
Once you enter this information, you will instantly receive the money in your account! How easy is that, right?
Auto-Delivery in your eSewa
Auto-delivery is a process in eSewa where you will directly receive the money in your mobile number. You don’t need to enter the MTCN number!
Here’s how it works!
Once the money is sent to your eSewa mobile number, you will receive an SMS notification. This will be considered your 1st day.
In case you do not respond or act on this notification, then you will receive another message on the 7th, 14th, and the 21st day respectively. These messages will notify you there is money on your mobile number.
Thereafter, you can log in to eSewa and enter the details.
- Purpose of transfer: You will have options such as personal use, family maintenance, medical expenses, educational expenses, and professional service. Choose any.
- Relationship to sender: It has options such as father, mother, wife, husband, son, daughter, brother, sister, friend, other relatives, and partner.
Receive Money at Home
Western Union along with collaboration with Annapurna Travel & Tours and Hulas Remittance are making your money transfer even easier.
You can now receive your money right at your home during this corona pandemic!
Here’s how it works.
- First, you need to confirm the sender has sent you the fund.
- Then, contact Annapurna Travel & Tours or Hulas Remittance to locate the nearest branch.
- A home delivery team will get in touch with you and request you to identify yourself with your valid government ID via WhatsApp.
- After verification, the agent will arrive at your residency. The agent will hand you over the money after verifying your original ID.
You can get in touch with Annapurna Travel & Tours or Hulas Remittance in the following numbers:
- Annapurna Travel & Tours: (+977) 014223530
- Hulas Remittance: (+977) 9851019973