Bachelor of Computer Science and Information Technology Education System in Nepal. A B.Sc ICT is a Bachelor’s degree awarded for an undergraduate course or program in the information technology field.
Course Title: Bachelor of computer science and Information Technology (B.Sc.CSIT)
Duration 48 months
Academic year Semester
Evaluation method GPA
Affiliated to Tribhuvan University
Faculty IT, computing studies and Technology
The Bachelors of Science in Computer Science & Information Technology (B.Sc.CSIT) is one of the most demanding and trending course. This course is the combinational modification of two TU courses. They are three years IT course and three years of computer science course. The motive of B.Sc.CSIT course is to provide the students the theoretical, practical and technical knowledge in the field of information technology. The course is helping to develop the qualified workforce in real time.
Bachelors of Science in computer science and Information Technology is a four years course program of Tribhuvan University which included eight semesters.
It provides the study of software and hardware, and information and communication technologies to provide the best skills needed for an evolving and challenging career in future. The program consists of many elective courses to fulfill the need of today’s job market in the field of IT professions.
Eligibility condition for Admission
To be eligible to get admission for the B.Sc.CSIT course, the candidate should:
- Have completed the twelve years of schooling in the science stream or equivalent from any university organized by TU.
- Applicant should secure a minimum of second division in their +2 or equivalent course.
- Applicant should pass the entrance examination conducted by TU and must secure at least 35% of marks.
Fee structure of Bsc.CSIT course in Nepal:
The Bachelors of Science in Computer Science & Information technology (B.Sc.CSIT) is a technological course, but it is the affordable course for Nepalese students. However the fee structure of B.Sc.CSIT is negotiable and different according to colleges. But if you choose to study B.Sc.CSIT in Nepal in government colleges then the cost is RS 3,00,000 to RS 5,00,000/-.
Top 10 colleges that provide B.Sc.CSIT course in Kathmandu valley
- St. Xavier college
- Texas international college
- Samriddhi College
- Trinity international college
- Prime college
- Amrit science campus
- National college of computer studies (NCCS)
- Asian college of higher studies of IT and computer science
- St. Lawrence College
- Aberdeen international college
Prospects of B.Sc.CSIT in Nepal
As we all know that the education system of Nepal is in developing phase day by day. Many practical and international courses are added to provide the quality education. B.Sc.CSIT is one of them, which is the most demanding and trending course in today’s scenario. After completing the B.Sc.CSIT program of TU, students will get many opportunities in the field of computer science and information technology.
Few of the job titles that B.Sc.CSIT student acquire are:
- Software engineers and application developers
- Web developers and web designer
- Technical content writer
- Project manager
- IT manager/ officer
- Artificial intelligence specialist
- Database and Network administrators
- Information system analyst